- The kernel reacts snappier
- When I come back after a few hours, I can immediately (this millisecond) work, no swapping there (with 2.4 it took seconds!)
- USB storage devices add and REMOVE their scsi devices on the fly (it finally seems to work)
- USB 2.0 CDROM (Yamaha F1)
- USB 1.1 Digital Camera (Toshiba M4)
- SCSI CDROM (Toshiba)
- USB 1.1 Graphics Tablet (Wacom)
- FIREWIRE harddisks (e.g. IPod)
- USB 1.1 WebCam (Terratec)
- USB 1.1 Soundcard (does not seem to work)
- IDE DVD Writer (Pioneer) (ide-scsi emulation not really tested, but it's detected now)
Some kernel people don't like the ide-scsi emulation, but I think it's a very cool feature. Not all programs support direkt atapi commands yet.
- Jumpy mouse pointer or hangs on strong IO. nolargeio for reiserfs made the problem smaller, but it persists... I believe there is a reiserfs problem somewhere.
- Problems with ide-scsi. I need that for programs like cdrdao etc.
I don't plan to boot 2.4 again ;-) (Well I have - but that's another story.)
Look at index.html
Last changed: Thu Mar 18 11:34:32 MET 2004